Dear new member,
Welcome to NCTA!
As a new member of NCTA, you now have access to:
- Our Member Groups.io Group forum, where you can read other members’ posts and start communicating with your NCTA colleagues. Our forum administrator will invite you to join. If you don’t get an email soon, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll set you up.
- A professional profile under Find a Linguist tab on our website. This is an excellent way for potential clients to find you. Make sure you add your full name, contact details, language pairs, specializations and a photo. The more details your profile has, the more chances you’ll get to be contacted by local potential clients!
- Our semiannual journal Translorial either in a digital format as a .pdf available for download here or as a printed magazine, delivered to your home. Click here to see our latest edition.
- A wealth of information under the Resources tab on our website, such as resources to educate your clients, information on how to avoid scams, the ATA Code of Ethics, and available discounts to NCTA members.
- Our NCTA Member LinkedIn Group, Facebook page, Twitter account and MeetUp Social group. We use these groups and pages to announce upcoming events and interesting news. Follow us!
- Newsflash emails about our upcoming training events, General Meetings, workshops and social events. These are some of the photos of our latest events. You can also check out all upcoming events on our website.
- Discount rates for all our workshops and training events.
- Use of the NCTA member logo in your email signature, business cards, website and résumé for greater credibility. To request use of the logo, email us at email@example.com. For guidelines on its usage, see here.
- A 25% discount off the regular subscription price of the Payment Practices list to ensure you’re working for reliable clients.
We hope to see you in the next General Meeting of Members. This is a great way to get to know each other. It’s open, and free to all members and interested parties. We usually hold four GMs per year. Our next GM will be on Language Industry Visibility on Saturday, May 11 from 1 to 4 pm in San Francisco.
Please reach out to me if you have any questions or just to say hi!