Ms. Elena Iglio Woontner
Ms. Elena Iglio Woontner
Translator, subtitler and editor
Fairfax, California 94930
Fax: (415) 4485696
Skype Name elena.woontner
Working Languages: Italian, Spanish
Other Language(s) Into English: Italian into English
English Into Other Language(s): English into Italian
Other Language Combination(s): Spanish into Italian
I am a senior Italian native translator from English to Italian and from Italian into English. I moved from Italy to the US in 1998, starting my translation business by working for Fiat. I have been working as a translator for over 25 years, after graduating in Foreign Languages and Literatures at the Istituto Universitario Orientale of Naples. I also earned my post-graduate certification as a translator and interpreter for the EN>IT and IT>EN pairs from SSIT (Italy). I am also a very experienced editor and reviewer in my areas of competence.
Among my clients are high profile companies and numerous agencies in the US, Canada and Europe. In the past I have worked for the Cultural Office of the Spanish Foreign Office, currently Instituto Cervantes, and for an Italian law firm, where I have worked as a paralegal for 5 years. Lately I have increased my activity in the medical and pharmaceutical fields. I have been trained to teach medical English in Italy, where I taught English training courses for nurses, worked with pharmaceutical material and clinical trials.
I subtitle videos using CaptionHub or SRT files.
I am an SDL certified MTPE (Machine Translation Post Editor).
General Areas of Specialization: Law, Medicine, Official documents, Personal documents, Software/Localization/QA
Specialized Equipment and Software:
TRANSLATION TOOLS CAT Tools: SDL TRADOS Studio 2021 ” memoQ 9.3 ” MemSource Editor ” SDLX 7.0 ” Idiom Global WorldServer. CaptionHub. SDL Certified MT Post-Editor. Online Translation Management Tools: Plunet
Translator or Interpreter: Translator
American Translators Association Affiliation: Member of ATA
5 years as a paralegal
• Istituto Universitario Orientale (Naples, Italy) – Degree in Foreign Languages and Literatures (English, Dutch, German- Summa Cum Laude).
• Scuola Superiore Interpreti e Traduttori (Naples, Italy) – Certificate of Interpreter-Translator (Language pairs English>Italian and Italian>English)
• Instituto Cervantes (Naples, Italy), D.E.L.E. (Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera) – Certificate of Spanish
• Iberlengua School of Languages (Madrid, Spain) – Spanish Language Certificate
• Louvain University (Louvain, Belgium) – Leesvaardigheid certificate for Dutch language
• ProZ Certified Pro Network – ProZ Certified Pro for En – It and It – En
Courses and Certifications:
Clinical Trials and Medical Documentation: Resources and Translation Strategies Clinical Trials and Medical Documentation: Resources and Translation Strategies Combating Medicare Parts C and D Fraud, Waste, and Abuse (2017, 2018, 2019)