Thank you for your patience with the data migration. Please read the somewhat lengthy message below carefully, since a few things have changed and been upgraded on the new site.
The new site is now up and running at https://www.ncta.org. You can now log in with the password information that was sent out over the weekend. If you have not received that message with your password, please check your spam filters and whitelist @ncta.org for future messages. Further, all future NCTA correspondence will be sent through Constant Contact. Please make sure you can receive these messages.
Please log into the new site now and change your password. To do so and update your profile, log in via the link in the upper right corner (desktop) or via “Menu” > “Login” (mobile), and then go to “My Account” at the very top, if you are not automatically redirected to your account dashboard. On your main account dashboard you can find links to edit your profile, which also contains your password settings.
If your membership recently expired, as shown in your account settings, we hope that you consider renewing your membership, which you can do from your “My Account” page. If you choose not to renew, we are sorry to see you go, but you will not receive any further messages from us.
In case you are participating in the referral service, AKA the “Find a Linguist” or “Find a Corporate Member” searches, please update your profile now. CVs, photos, and social media links will have to be reuploaded and reentered, unfortunately we were unable to migrate these data from the old site. Some phone numbers were entered incorrectly on the old site and could not be ported over for that reason. Since this was a large-scale migration involving a lot of data, some other items may not have been imported correctly in the process, so please double-check all the entries. Only the contact information in the “professional information” section will be shown to the public. The contact information at the top is for NCTA to contact you and send you a copy of Translorial (if applicable).
There is a checkbox at the top “Make Your Profile Visible to the Public” which is now unchecked by default. If you leave this checkbox unchecked, your profile will not be displayed in any search results.
Some technical details:
- If you logged in during the migration over the weekend and made changes before the migration was complete, these may have been lost.
- For ATA certified members, there is now a new option to select your ATA certification language combination(s). The new search option also allows to search for members with an ATA certification in a specific language combination.
- To select more than one option in the dropdown fields for the languages, specializations and certifications, please keep the CTRL key pressed while selecting the desired options.
- All fields are optional, if you do not enter any details, they will not be displayed in the results page. However, all fields with content will be displayed in the results.
- To upload your profile picture or CV, follow the instructions on the “Edit your profile” page.
- On the “My Account” page you can also add your payment information securely. No payment information has been entered on the new site yet.
- All members except courtesy members have been imported as individual or corporate members with the original membership expiration dates. For your convenience, we are now offering an auto-renew option for members. If you would like to change your membership to renew automatically, please update your payment information (see above) BEFORE emailing the NCTA Administrator, .
- For courtesy members, your expiration status was set to be the same as on the old site (lifetime or with an expiration date).
- If you registered for an upcoming workshop on the old site or directly with Judit, your registration has been recorded. Otherwise, you can now register directly on the site.
- Some menu items and pages are only visible to members who are logged in. If you do not see a menu item or page that you expected to see, such as the Translorial Archive, you are probably not logged in.
Please note that the new NCTA Website is not a job board nor does it have a discussion forum. NCTA has a members-only forum on Yahoo here.
In case of open questions, problems, or feedback after reading the above instructions, please email Carola Berger, the NCTA Webmaster, at . I will try to reply and resolve any problems as quickly as possible.
on behalf of the NCTA Board of Directors